Monday, August 23, 2010

Shine on Harvest Moon

Take 3. How many email addresses doth one need? How many journals, in either electronic or paper format? I've yet to reach an answer to that...and having a proclivity toward hypergraphia, it's not likely that I'd be a very objective judge, is it? One often doesn't find an answer not sought. I seek it not. What I DO seek, however, is a sense of direction. I, who can never get lost, am IN the lost-and-found, yet the "found," part eludes me. I am not frantic, but rather pensive. I fear that I will be like the character in that long-ago-read short story: a man who waits for something earth-shattering and life-altering only to die--his life frittered away while waiting--seemingly for the proverbial Godot--never realizing that although he didn't recognize or acknowledge situations, people and opportunities as THE THING he awaited, that he WAS alive. But I ask this: was he? That's rhetorical; for who am I to judge, elucidate or even ponder, when I'm no less paralyzed by the notion that if I move, or blink, or fail to pay close attention, that I might miss out on something for which I've been waiting all of my life (so far). Dang...it sounds so hopeless when I write it out. Is this the malaise that has haunted me? I claim aloud in the light of day that I am not lacking...but there lingers a yearning--a hunger that has yet to be satiated all of these years. Always something has been missing--is it only a self-deluded failure to accept "the truth?" Am I only the fleshed out version of the man in the story?Don't know. Having always been of the mind that I will see what I believe (how many times have I indeed proven that to be true with my own tainted powers of perception?)--I have always quietly lived the tenet found in the passage of the book of Matthew, specifically: "If ye have faith as that of a mustard seed, nothing shall be impossible unto thee." I have held this as close to me as, no, closer, than the name I call myself. Afterall, I am not particularly attached to any one or combination of names. My identity is not tied to a word. But my ability to see what I believe is unflappable.
I am rambling.
The Harvest Moon doth arriveth soon.
What will I sow? What have I reaped?
I yearn for peace in my soul. I wish that I could finally forgive myself for all of my transgressions. I would like to treat me as I treat others, comfort me with kind words that flow so easily toward another, and yet I virtually flog myself daily--who is writing through me now? This is not my tone--I recognize it not. Not unfamiliar with waking up in physical locales not necessarily travelled to by this "me;" not unfamiliar with pouring over posted missives only to marvel at the wittiness--and being perplexed with how said missives derived from my own hands--I am completely conscious of me at the moment. But am I restored unto myself, or channeling? Frankly, this is a bit disturbing. Don't get me wrong, I am not afraid. In fact, I often find that in hindsight utterances or writings have carried prophetic truth--wisdom not heeded, sadly, more often than not--and this feels like one of those times. Have I awakened a tulpa, the Domovoi, or my guide? Have I simply stirred a portion of me that has been dormant for awhile, awaiting for an opportunity to unleash a torrent of thoughts lest the spigot be turned--whatever the case, I am enthralled. If I could only find an appropriate outlet--and by that I mean, one that feeds my soul and my belly at once--I think I might risk breaking out in happiness--having the luxury of exploring the mysteries I seek. I am not unhappy. I am not overjoyous--perhaps afraid that what I secretly harbor might be robbed of me were I to display it too openly.

Goodness me, why am I not in bed? I KNOW that I rarely sleep more than 3 hours--but I had promised myself that I would try this night to sleep a bit longer. I never want to go to bed. Actually falling asleep hurts--I am too aware of the process of travelling down the tunnel, while soaring with a violence, not unlike a trembling rocket still tethered to its launching pad--until I crash into the calm pool that surrounds the churning whirlpool of a waterfall's landing, I am nearly torn apart by the sensations. Uh-oh, I can tell that I am once again procrastinating--I recognize it, and know me so well, having spent so much time with mine own solitude. I wouldn't have been so distraught as another, methinks, were I to have been locked up in "the Tower." Maybe I was, in fact...but that discussion is not for now--not for someone who is trying to fulfill the simplest of promises to get some sleep.

So, Mother Moon, belly full, holding onto the potential of prayers answered: shine on me this night and illuminate my dreams. Great Spirits and others, let me remember my dreams as I awaken in a few hours.

As I will, so mote it be--this or something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment