So, check it out: I've always been of the mind that people who get to a point in their earthly lives where they either have everything they could possibly want, seemingly have nothing left to learn, or are sailing along like a sea-monkey frolicking in the murky water afforded them by a prepubescent teen, are destined to die shortly thereafter. I've said it before--although the feeling seems not to be so strong now--that I KNEW with certainty that I would die at the age of 47. This is my 46th year...and wouldn't ya know it? Sometime in the quiet of the night, I figured out the meaning of life. No, it's true. REALLY. I got it.
As it is, I also believe in soul memory and the ability to change what appears to be a fixed destiny through the making of choices offered. Otherwise, free will would be skewed--and I do NOT believe in that. The next question, a rhetorical question, is what to do now--wait? I've waited plenty. Observe? That's part of the answer I discovered when I quieted to the same frequency of Spirit. Live life like I'm gonna die? Don't know. Part of me says that I should definitely do so--for even if I am completely and utterly wrong about the manner of my death (which is just as likely to be true as to be a memory from another lifetime, as it is to be a destiny which no longer holds true), I will have at the very least done more than not. But what's the point? I have travelled plenty, gotten myself into and out of many an adventure--fodder for many a novel, let me tell YOU, have skirted death a couple of times (that I know of) and have come to a mostly comfortable place in life. I want for nothing that I cannot get myself. I lack the ability to choose a partner with whom I can both live, and get along with, but I figure that just makes it all the easier to leave this plane once the time comes. I have learned to traverse this plane in a solitary fashion. I am very rarely lonely and am luckier than most. I am not beautiful, but I am not hideous. I easily blend into the background when I choose, so am not apt to draw unwanted attention--and its resultant complications. Yes, yes, I have much for which to be grateful. I could be more grateful, of course, and I could also sail along more easily should I give myself the same chances at success that I help others attain. I have a serious problem with procrastination--something that never would have been said of me several decades ago. I would like to say that it is my thyroid that keeps me from doing what I should do--but that would be a blatant lie. In my opinion, the thyroid problem results from a spiritual crisis--as did my eyes suffer for about 8 years. I now have perfect eyesight, and fully expect a similar recovery for my current afflications. Well, I could go on and on (that's my wont), but better to get my chores done, this being the time to follows the moon's example and lessen that which weighs upon me.
No comments:
Post a Comment